Thursday, July 31, 2008

It's raining men in Prague!



SchlagerQueen is preparing to visit Prague next week for a few days and with news yesterday that the Czech Republic will take part in Moscow 2009 it got me thinking as to what artist could improve on their dire record so far in the contest?(10 points in 2 years, yikes!)

Anywho, I came across Helena Vondráčková who is an artist whose career has spanned five decades. She was the 1977 winner of the Sopot International song festival which has seen Ruslana, Kate Ryan, Elton John and Kim Wilde as previous winners and in 2007 part in the Polish version of Dancing with the Stars (just like Isis!)

So, I reckon Eurovision should be next on Ms. Vondráčková's agenda. Check out her singing a Czech version of 'It's Raining Men' and let me know what you think.

(Try not to let the odd dancing of the audience members put you off!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, i think we need to call Gok Wan for a bit of old styling there, I'm sure her could knock up a few high street rip-offs and make the crew look almost couture!. On the topic of raining Czech men, I wish i was there with you SchlagerQueen and if it rained, I'll fold up my umbrella and let them drown me!

Anonymous said...

'Have some fun' in Prague!